One in four women and one in six men will be affected by domestic abuse. You’re not alone and The Dash Charity is here to make sure you get all the support you need. We offer a number of Services that will be tailored around your individual needs.
Advocacy & Outreach
For clients who are currently in an abusive relationship as well as those who have left an abusive relationship or are considering separation or experiencing abuse/harassment from ex-partners or family members. This is a free and confidential service where everyone who self refers or is referred by another agency for support will be risk assessed to help us understand the level of risk faced. Once assessed, we can offer a tailored service including crisis intervention, safety planning, advocacy and support within a non judgemental, supportive service from a trained and experienced member of our team.
We also have specialist Independent Domestic Violence Advocates (IDVAs) who support victims of domestic abuse who might also be facing other challenges. Our Specialists include:
- A Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) IDVA who can support victims for whom English is not their first language. Our workers speak Punjabi and Hindi and have cultural understanding of the challenges faced by victims from BAME community groups including Honour Based Violence & Forced Marriage
- A specialist IDVA who supports victims of domestic abuse with complex needs such as substance misuse, sex working, offenders and mental health
- An A&E IDVA based in Wexham Park Hospital
- A Male IDVA to support men who are experiencing domestic abuse
- A dedicated LGBT IDVA
- A Health IDVA who can support victims who suffer ill health or are pregnant or who have just had a baby
- Outreach workers for those experiencing lower risk but longer term emotional effects
IDVAs offer safety advice and immediate crisis intervention. Our IDVAs work with other partner agencies to manage the risks and to break the cycle of domestic abuse and violence. We welcome referrals from any agencies. Out complex needs DVA can be contacted directly on 07912 463 550 if necessary.
Refuge is an accommodation based service for women and their children whose level of suffering from domestic abuse has been assessed as ‘very high risk’. We can offer safe and secure refuge for female victims and their children in three safe-houses, which are modern, comfortable and secure. Every adult who comes into the houses will be allocated a trained Domestic Abuse professional called an Independent Domestic Violence Advocate who will support them during their time with us. Adults living in refuge also have access to our in-house specialist Mental Health Worker.
Freedom Plus Programme
The Dash Charity are trained and experienced in providing The Freedom programme, it is a free 12 week rolling group that provides women with the opportunity to explore the realities of domestic abuse in a safe, supportive group environment whether they have witnessed or been exposed to Domestic Abuse. Strategies are provided to help recognize abuse and break free of the cycle for the future. We also provide a move on programme called the Freedom programme plus, this is a programme designed to focus on confidence building, learning new skills and exploring new possibilities.
Our Refuge and Freedom programme services are delivered for women, by women and in women only spaces.
We know it’s daunting, but to find out more about any of our services then call our friendly experienced helpline team on 01753 549865.