Come and learn more about the dynamics and complexities of domestic abuse and unhealthy relationships. This training is suitable for any professional who may/may not be working directly with families. We all need to respond better to domestic abuse, so come and learn how!
Hairdressers* Beauticians * Dentists * Employers * Landlords* Social Workers * Housing Teams *
Volunteers* School Staff* Childcare Workers* Healthcare Staff* Opticians *Police * Voluntary Organisations
This training will help you :
- Explore the definition of domestic abuse
- Identify tactics used by perpetrators of domestic abuse
- Explore the dynamics of power & control in an abusive relationship
- Identify potential barriers to disclosure of domestic abuse and strategies to overcome them
- Understand the ways in which people may behave in response to abuse
- Explore the complexities of staying / leaving an abusive relationship
By the end of the day you should feel more confident with:
- Dealing with minimisation and denial
- Encouraging safe disclosure of domestic abuse
- Holding a dialogue with survivors about risk factors
- Initial safety planning with survivors
- Making appropriate referrals to other agencies
We use interactive group exercises, videos and examples of real-life case studies to give you an overview of domestic abuse in adult relationships.
Contact Training Enquiries for more information or get your tickets below!
We will be at Sportsable in Maidenhead from 9.30am-4pm. Only 20 places available so be quick!
" This training made me realise how difficult it is for someone to leave an abusive relationship. I feel more confident about the options open to anyone wanting to leave now." - Social Work Student